Welcome to Polyglots Summer Camps
We have summer camps in-person and online. Our in-person camp locations are in Calgary’s Dalhousie, Edgemont, and Killarney communities.
The word polyglot means a person who is able to use several languages. Here at Polyglots, our goal is to teach kids languages outside of the rigors of academic curriculum. Instead, we use a natural approach through fun activities like songs, stories, games, drama, science experiments and play. Children have so much fun that they don’t even realize they are learning a new language!
Currently here at Polyglots, we are teaching French and Spanish with teachers who are fluent in the language.
If you want to know more about Polyglots, visit our website: POLYGLOTS.CA
For Whom is this an Ideal Program?
- Children in the age range 5- 11 years.
- Children without any previous French or Spanish whose parents want them to gain an academic advantage by introducing them to a new language.
- Children who have enrolled in French Immersion or Spanish Bilingual program and are eager to start learning.
- Children who are already in French Immersion or Spanish Bilingual schools and want to maintain their language during the summer holidays.
- For children with a Spanish language heritage who are living in an English speaking country and want to maintain their Spanish.
- For children with a French language background who want to continue learning the language.
Benefits for Children Who Learn a New Language
Young children have an innate facility for learning languages that helps them deepen connections and understanding. You will see how much fun they have and how beneficial it is for them. You will also be surprised at how quickly they learn. Here are a few reasons why it is good to learn a new language at a young age.
- Young learners are less afraid of making mistakes.
- Socialize and make new friends.
- Deepens cultural sensitivity, empathy and tolerance.
- Learn while having fun with words and sounds.
- Increased development of children’s cognitive abilities.
- Easier to learn other languages in the future.
- More opportunities for future work and career.
IN-PERSON SUMMER CAMP
Come and join us in person this summer in Calgary, AB. Camps will run by week with the option for FULL DAY or HALF DAY. For half days, you can choose between mornings or afternoons. There are 7 weeks available to choose from. The languages to play in are Spanish and French and it is suitable for children between 5 – 11 years old. No previous knowledge in the language is required. We are here to learn while having fun.
Seven Weeks Available 2021
WEEK 1: July 5 to 9 at Dalhousie
WEEK 2: July 12 to 16 at Dalhousie
WEEK 3: July 19 to 23 *at Edgemont or Killarney
WEEK 4: July 26 to 30 *at Edgemont
WEEK 5: Aug 3 to 6 at Dalhousie
WEEK 6: Aug 9 to 13 at Dalhousie
WEEK 7: Aug 16 to 20 at Dalhousie
FULL DAY: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday
• Before & after care from 8:30AM – 4:30PM is available for children enrolled full-day for an additional $25 per week.
HALF DAY: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday
Dalhousie Community Association, 5432 Dalhart Rd NW, Calgary, AB T3A 1V6.
Edgemont Community Association, 33 Edgevalley Circle NW, Calgary, AB, T3A 4X1
Killarney: Good Companions 50+ Club, 2609 19 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T3E 0E9
Click the button to register in the summer camp IN-PERSON. You can select the week(s) and the schedule of your preference. The form will calculate the total for your reference. We currently are not collecting payment in the registration.
Register with Confidence: We will process payments after the provincial government confirms that in person camps can happen this summer.
VIRTUAL SUMMER CAMP
Wherever you are, join us in our virtual summer camp. This program runs weekly with activities every day for one hour. Here we are going to do games, crafts, cook, tell stories, and more while kids interact in French or Spanish. There are 5 weeks available to choose from.
Five Weeks Available 2021
WEEK 1: JULY 12 to 16
WEEK 2: JULY 19 to 23
WEEK 3: JULY 26 to 30
WEEK 4: AUGUST 9 to 13
WEEK 5: AUGUST 16 TO 20
- DAILY SCHEDULE: 10 AM to 11 AM Monday through Friday (MT Mountain Time)
- PRICE: $90 / week
Click the button to register in the VIRTUAL Summer camp. This will take you to the registration form where you can select the week(s) of your preference. The form will calculate the total for your reference. We don’t collect payments in the registration.
If you have any questions about our programs, please send us a message. We will be happy to talk with you.
You can contact us by clicking the button below to open the contact form or send us an email at email@example.com
Copyright 2021 @ Polyglots.ca